Cupid Run

Life After Hours: Feb. 9-11

Warm up with fun winter events this weekend

Ready to enjoy the second weekend in February by celebrating some amazing people? Whether it’s athletes competing in the Olympics, exploring African American history in air and space or running to support those with neurofibromatosis, DC has plenty to offer this weekend

PyeongCheng Thang

On Friday, Feb. 9 Wunder Garten will be celebrating the 2018 Winter Olympics with a dance party. Come dressed in winter lodge or Olympic-themed attire and celebrate the opening ceremony with Olympic themed drinks. Wunder Garten will be displaying the opening ceremony, with music by DJ Lehi.

When: Friday Feb. 9 from 6:30 p.m. to 11 p.m.

Where: 1101 1st Street NE

Metro: Red Line to NOMA-Gallaudet U

African American Pioneers in Aviation and Space

On Saturday, Feb. 10 the Smithsonian Air and Space Museum will be celebrating African American History month through programming about equal access to the skies. The event will highlight the many talented African Americans who have made significant contributions to aviation and space. This event will include a panel with NASA astronaut Alvin Drew and Tuskegee Airman Col. Charles McGee. The event is free to the public.

When: Saturday Feb. 10 from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m.

Where: Steven F. Udvar-Hazy Center

Directions: Take I-495 West to the Dulles Toll Road West (Route 267). Exit the toll road at Route 28 South (Exit 9A) and travel south 3.5 miles. Exit at Air and Space Museum Parkway and follow the signs to the Udvar-Hazy Center.

Cupid’s Undie Run

Have you ever wanted to run around DC in your underwear? Now you can, while supporting a great cause. Cupid’s Undie Run is an annual run hosted by Cupid’s Charity to support people with neurofibromatosis. The “run” is about a mile long and you’re more than welcome to walk or jog. Want to participate without the skin exposure? No problem! Many people wear onesies or other warm weather gear. Registration is $40, and supports a great cause.

When: Saturday Feb 10 from 1 p.m. - 5 p.m.

Where: The Park at 14th

Metro: Take the Blue Line to McPherson Square

eholmes@theeagleonline.com