The biannual Emoriyum food festival will take place at Union Market this weekend. Photo Courtesy of Wikimedia Commons.

Life After Hours: Nov. 10-12

Knockout your holiday shopping early or channel your creative energy at one of our weekend picks

The end of the semester will be here before we know it, so take advantage of the weekend by entering foodie heaven, supporting independent artists or learning how to make zines.

Museum Shop Holiday Market

November is the perfect time to start planning your holiday gift giving, and the Strathmore Mansion will bring together museum shops from around DC for a market this weekend. The International Spy Museum, the Kennedy Center, the National Museum of Women in the Arts and other organizations will all be in attendance to help you find the perfect gift for whoever you’re shopping for. The market is free to attend, but a $10 donation is encouraged. Donations and purchases support Strathmore as well as the market participants.

When: Friday, Nov. 10 and Saturday, Nov. 11 from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m., Sunday, Nov. 12 from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.

Where: 10701 Rockville Pike, North Bethesda

Metro: Red line, Grosvenor-Strathmore Station

The Emporiyum DC

The biannual Emporiyum DC food festival returns to Union Market this weekend with over 100 vendors and plenty of opportunities to eat, drink and shop. Swizzler Foods, Poke Pape and Avocaderia will all be in attendance, to name just a few of the unique and delicious places to check out. General admission tickets vary from $15-25.

When: Beginning Friday, Nov. 10 at 6 p.m. and ending Sunday, Nov. 12 at 4 p.m.

Where: 1309 5th Street NE

Metro: Red line, NoMa-Gallaudet U Station

Crafty Bastards Arts & Crafts Fair

Crafty Bastards returns to Nationals Park for its 14th year this weekend. Washington City Paper's annual event brings together the work of over 200 talented local artists for visitors to explore. Whether you’re interested in handmade jewelry, clothing or decor, there’s something for everyone to discover. Tickets purchased in advance are $6 for one-day admission or $10 for both days, or you can purchase onsite for $8 or $12.

When: Saturday, Nov. 11 and Sunday, Nov. 12 from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.

Where: 1500 South Capitol Street SE

Metro: Green line, Navy Yard Station

Spills: A ZineFest

Channel your creative side right on campus this Sunday at ZineFest, a free event hosted by AmLit. Learn all about zine-making, bookbinding and Adobe InDesign, or hear from The Doula Project and MelaNation. If that’s not enough to convince you, there will also be free Chipotle!

When: Sunday, Nov. 12 from 1 p.m. to 6 p.m.

Where: Butler Boardroom

ljakiel@theeagleonline.com