Delivering American University's news and views since 1925. | Saturday, June 23, 2018

Congresswoman Mia Love to speak at KPU, SPA-sponsored event

Love will appear as part of The Hill's Newsmaker Series

Congresswoman Mia Love (R-Utah) speaks at the 2015 Conservative Political Action Conference. Love will appear at a KPU and SPA-sponsored event on Nov. 29. 

The Kennedy Political Union and School of Public Affairs will sponsor The Hill’s Newsmaker Series in Constitution Hall on Wednesday, Nov. 29 at 6:30 p.m., KPU announced Thursday.

The event aims to highlight lawmakers who are “positively responding” to increased diversity in the U.S. Congresswoman Mia Love, a Republican representing Utah’s 4th congressional district, will appear at the event in conversation with Bob Cusack, editor-in-chief of The Hill, a politics-focused news site.

“The current political climate proves that it is vital to have a diversity of perspectives, see leadership in action, and facilitate conversations on bipartisanship,” KPU wrote in a release.

More headliners will be announced as the date of the event approaches, according to the release. Doors open at 6 p.m. The event is free to all current AU students with a valid AU ID and ticket secured through The Hill’s site. The general public may also attend with a government-issued ID.

mcarrasco@theeagleonline.com

Never miss a story.

Get our weekly newsletter in your inbox.