Taco, Beer and Tequila Festival

Taco, Beer and Tequila Festival coming in July

Three guilty pleasures all in one event

Craving tacos? How about some margaritas or tequila? There’s a solution to curb all three cravings at the same time─D.C.’s first taco festival. The first annual taco festival, hosted by TasteUSA on July 15, will showcase the District’s best taquerias, taco trucks and more than 40 regional craft breweries at the Yards Park.

With over 20 taco trucks and taqueria restaurants at the event, you’ll be sure to find some of your favorites. Vendors will include Agua 301, Ariana’s Latin Cuisine, Chaia, DC Korean BBQ Taco Box, DC Taco Truck, Dhabalicious and more. Hot sauce caterers will include Mr. Saucy and Voodoo Chile. Beer and tequila vendors will include Allagash, Avery Brewing, Brooklyn Brewery, Dulce Vida Tequila and Ilegal Mezcal.

Be prepared for a tequila sampling pavilion, lots of margarita bars, live entertainment, Lucha Libre Wrestlers and a Hot Sauce Zone. Celebrity judges will participate in the Taco Awards for the best taco and most creative taco.

Three types of tickets are available on the Taco, Beer and Tequila Festival’s website.

General admission can be purchased for $45 and includes five taco tickets, unlimited craft beer sampling and access to all entertainment. A Tequila Tasting ticket can be purchased for $65 and includes everything in general admission, access to the tequila pavilion and tastings of over 30 tequila and mezcals. VIP tickets can be purchased for $75 and includes everything that a Tequila Tasting ticket offers, plus one hour early access, private tent, private bathroom and an exclusive tequila tasting bar.

This entire event is exclusively for ages 21 and up.

Why wait for Taco Tuesday when you can find some of the best taco trucks all in one location? Be a part of the first taco festival in D.C. history. It won’t be an event to miss.

When: Saturday, July 15 from 11 a.m. to 9 p.m.

Where: The Yards Park at 136 N Street, SE

Metro: Green line, Navy Yards station

akhan@theeagleonline.com