Preview: Founder’s Week 2017

Different campus events to take place throughout the week

Founder’s Week is here once again at AU. The annual events celebrate the University’s founding, which was approved by President Benjamin Harrison on Feb. 24, 1893. Check out these upcoming events as you make your way through the week, headed by the Director of Founder’s Day Martin Valderruten.

AAPI Cultural Expo

The Asian American Student Union will host an Asian Pacific Islander Cultural Fair. The event will feature different food and activities that are representative of various Asian and Pacific Islander communities.

When: Monday, Feb. 6 from 7-9 p.m.

Where: The Tavern in Mary Graydon Center

Dunkin and Donuts with AU Dems

AU College Democrats will provide Dunkin’ Donuts, a chance to shoot some hoops and an opportunity for students to write letters to their respective senators at their Founder’s Week event.

When: Monday, Feb. 6 from 6-8 p.m.

Where: MGC 203-205

AU Men’s Basketball 4th Annual Zero Waste Awareness Game

The AU men’s basketball team will face off against Boston University at the fourth annual Zero Waste Awareness Game, giving students a chance to come out and support their favorite team while learning about sustainable living.

When: Wednesday, Feb. 8 at 7:30 p.m.

Where: Bender Arena

SIS Undergraduate Council's 2nd Annual "Valentines for Refugees"

Join SISUGC in the SIS Atrium Tuesday and Wednesday afternoons to make Valentines for refugee children in the D.C. area

When: Tuesday, Feb. 7 - Thursday, Feb. 9

Where: SIS Atrium

2017 Founder’s Day Ball at The Newseum

The Annual Founder’s Day Ball, hosted by AU Student Government and cosponsored by the Residence Hall Association and AU Club Council, celebrates the University’s founding in 1893 by President Benjamin Harrison. This year’s ball marks 124 years since the founding of the University, and will take place at the Newseum. Tickets required for entry.

When: Saturday, Feb. 11 from 7-11 p.m.

Where: The Newseum