Life After Hours: Feb. 10-12

Celebrate or avoid Founder’s Day with a workshop, run, theatrical performance or improv show

If you’re not headed to the Founder’s Day Ball, there are still plenty of events to enjoy around D.C. this weekend. Check out a theatrical performance, an improv show, a Valentine’s Day event or a charitable run.

Mack, Beth

This modern take on Shakespeare’s ultimate power couple will be sure to please fans of all kinds of the famous playwright. Helen Hayes was inspired by the original Macbeth to rewrite it for the digital era with a twist. “Mack, Beth” is a dynamic tale with all the complex characters and storytelling expected from the classic tale of greed and ambition. Enjoy this world premiere for an admission price ranging from $35 to 45, depending on the seats.

When: Saturday, Feb. 11 at 8 p.m. and Sunday, Feb. 12 at 3 p.m.

Where: The Keegan Theatre at 1742 Church St. NW

Metro: Red line, Dupont Circle station

Valentine's Day Card Workshop

Celebrate Valentine’s Day early with this card workshop at the National Postal Museum. The free event will feature papers, vintage stamps from all over the world and plenty of supplies to create unique valentines. Afterwards, visit the museum’s stamp store to send your cards with a National Postal Museum postmark. All ages are welcome and no registration is required.

When: Saturday, Feb. 11 at 11 a.m. to 4 p.m.

Where: National Postal Museum at 2 Massachusetts Ave. NE

Metro: Red line, Union station

Christian Finnegan at DC Improv

Laugh the night away with stand-up comedian Christian Finnegan at DC Improv. Finnegan is best known as one of the panelists on VH1’s “Best Week Ever” and as “Chad” on the “Chappelle’s Show’s” infamous “Mad Real World” sketch. Admission to the show is only $20.

When: Friday, Feb. 10 at 7:30 p.m. and 9:45 p.m. and Sunday, Feb. 12 at 7:30 p.m.

Where: 1140 Connecticut Ave. NW

Metro: Red line, Farragut North station

Lincoln Cottage

Celebrate Abraham Lincoln’s birthday by learning more about his life at his former cottage and home. The cottage is a museum focusing on Lincoln’s legacy and offers frequent tours through the site. Tours explore Lincoln’s ideas and experiences in the context of the Civil War and the United States with interactive multimedia and traditional storytelling. Tickets to explore the cottage are $15.

When: Friday, Feb. 10 and Saturday, Feb. 11 at 9:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. and Sunday, Feb. 12 at 10:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.

Where: 140 Rock Creek Church Rd. NW

Metro: Yellow or Green line, Georgia Avenue/Petworth station

Cupid's Undie Run

If you’re 21 or over, break out your best pair of undies for this charity event this weekend. Cupid’s Undie Run has runners and team members raise money for the Children’s Tumor Foundation and almost all of the proceeds are donated. The rules don’t require participants to wear just underwear, but it is encouraged to dress themed for Valentine’s Day. Registration for the run is a fee of $35 and participants are encouraged to raise more for donations.

When: Saturday, Feb. 11 at 1 p.m.

Where: The Park at 14th at 920 14th St. NW

Metro: Orange or Blue line, McPherson Square station

emartin@theeagleonline.com