On a Sensual Note

The Weekend Scene: Dec. 9-11

Musical performances, a Russian festival and a pop-up shop round out the semester this weekend

If you’re feeling overwhelmed by your upcoming finals and lengthy to-do lists, take a study break this weekend with these events happening around D.C. Enjoy a musical performance without leaving campus, a traditional winter festival or shop for handmade gifts before heading home for winter break.

OASN 20th Anniversary Reunion Tour: A Mid-Life Christmas

On a Sensual Note, AU’s only all-male a cappella group, will have their its anniversary reunion tour concert on Friday evening. The show is free, so make sure to check out the festive performance if you need a break from finals but don’t want to stray too far from the library.

When: Dec. 9, 8:30 p.m.

Where: Kay Spiritual Life Center

Russian Winter Festival

The Hillwood Estate and Museum’s annual holiday Russian festival takes place this weekend, featuring live music by Samovar Russian Folk Music Ensemble, dance performances by Kalinka Dance Ensemble, a parade and more. A play based on traditional Russian stories will also be performed, and visitors are free to explore the estate grounds throughout the festival. Admission is $10 with your student ID.

When: Dec. 10 to Dec. 11, 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.

Where: 4155 Linnean Avenue NW

Metro: Van Ness-UDC, Red Line

Made in D.C. Pop-Up Shop

You can shop the works of 20 rotating D.C. creators at this weekend’s pop-up, featuring jewelry, health and beauty products, artwork and more. Admission is free, so stop by and enjoy beverages from Zeke’s Coffee or hot chocolate from Soapstone Market as you shop. A toy drive will also be held Sunday at 2 p.m., so you can give back to the community by contributing a new toy.

When: Dec. 10 and Dec. 11, 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.

Where: 4340 Connecticut Avenue NW

Metro: Van Ness-UDC, Red Line

National Christmas Tree Music Program

Every year during the holiday season, musical acts come from all over the country to perform in front of the National Christmas Tree. This year’s performances run daily until Dec. 22, with brief 30 minute shows running from 1 p.m. to 8:30 p.m. on weekends and 5 p.m. to 8:30 p.m. during the week. Bundle up and head to the White House for this free, festive experience.

When: Afternoons and evenings until Dec. 22

Where: 1450 Pennsylvania Avenue NW

Metro: Metro Center, Red Line

ljakiel@theeagleonline.com