au sign

Weekend Scene: Feb. 5-7

Alexandria Restaurant Week

If the snow storm kept you from enjoying Bethesda and D.C. restaurant week, you can spend this weekend taking advantage of the specials offered by the delicious restaurants of Old Town, the West End and Del Ray Alexandria. More than 60 restaurants participate in Alexandria’s restaurant week, offering either three-course, discounted menus or a $35 dinner for two. Some restaurants also offer lunch specials ranging from $10 to $20 per person. Notable restaurants include Blackwall Hitch, Zento Japanese Restaurant and Magnolia’s On King.

When: Now through Feb. 7

Where: Alexandria, VA

Metro: King Street, Blue Line

Chocolate Lovers Festival

If you’re lucky enough to get a ride to Fairfax county, be sure to check out their annual two day Chocolate Lovers Festival. The festival includes a taste of chocolate, a chocolate challenge, the Kiwanis chocolate chip pancake breakfast and open houses of local historic buildings. See the festival’s schedule for more events.

When: Feb. 6 and 7

Where: Old Town Fairfax

Metro: Take a car

Washington D.C. Super Bowl Parties

If staying in on Super Bowl Sunday isn’t your thing, D.C. offers great alternatives to enjoy the big game with your entire crew. Local events include great deals, fun times and cold drinks. Check out Joe’s Seafood, Prime Steak, and Stone Crab for special half-priced draft beers, wines, cocktails and oysters on the half shell alongside their bar snacks. Another game day option is Macon Bistro and Bar for $5 beers, $6 wines and $8 cocktails. If you’re not into bars, The State Theater hosts a Super Bowl party. Check out other great deals in D.C. here.

When: Feb. 7

Where: Varies

Metro: Varies

aweg@theeagleonline.com