Top 10 total body workout moves you can do at home

As temperatures drop outside, the incentive to workout also plunges. The season of shirtless bodies and wet bikinis is far into the future, but it is never too early to start working on next year’s summer body.

Students can warmly exercise indoors using the following 10 total body workouts, which require no equipment or vast amounts of space.

For abs and obliques

Plank pike dip: Assume a plank position with extended arms. Hold for five seconds before dipping your left side to the floor. Then, raise your hips upwards before returning to plank position. Repeat on your right side before raising your hips again. Repeat on each side 15 times in sets of three. Repeat three times.

Russian twists: Sit with your knees to your chest. Slowly push your knees away from your chest without placing your feet on the ground, (they should be hovering). Extend your arms in front of you and clasp your hands together. Twist your body from side to side touching your hands to the floor. Each side swivel on both sides counts as one sweeping movement. Repeat 30 times. Do sets of three.

Candlestick dippers: Assume a kneeling position with both knees on the ground and an upright upper body. Extend one leg to your side. Raise both arms in the air and clasp your hands. Dip your body to the opposite side of the extended leg. Repeat 30 times in sets of three. Switch sides and repeat.

For legs and butt 

Side lunge squat: Assume a standing position with your feet apart. You can place your hands on your hips for balance. Lunge back with one leg. Squat as low as possible without allowing your knee to touch the floor. Squat 15 times before repeating on the other side. Do sets of three.

Pilè aquat: Assume a standing position with your feet slightly apart. You can place your hands on your hips for balance. Point your toes out and spread your legs apart, assuming a squat position. Lower your body as much as possible without allowing your knees to extend beyond your toes. Repeat 30 times in sets of three.

Basic leg lifts: Lie on your side. Prop your head and neck up with your hand to avoid strain. Slowly lift your top leg while keeping your hips stacked and upper body still. Slowly lower your leg. Repeat 30 times in sets of three before switching to the other side.

Fire hydrant leg lifts: Get on all fours and take one leg and bend it behind you at a 90 degree angle. Push it upwards in a quick swift motion. Quickly repeat 30 times for three sets before switching to the other leg.

For arms and upper body 

Triangle pushups: Assume a pushup position, either with knees on the ground or legs extended in a basic push up position. Make a triangle with your hands with your elbows sticking out. Push down and back up. Repeat 20 times for three sets.

Half cobra pushups: Assume a pushup position. Keep elbows half bent. Lower your arms and quickly push back up. Repeat 30 times for three sets.

Up up downdowns: Assume a basic plank position. Go down on your elbows and push back up to the starting position. Quickly repeat 15-20 times for three sets.