Meet, eat, shop: Emporiyum to return to D.C.

The annual Emporiyum food festival will bring over 75 local food vendors and restaurateurs to Union Market.

Momofuku Milk Bar. Shake Shack. Buredo. Sound familiar? These are just some of D.C.’s hottest foodie havens. They’ve probably blown up your Instagram feed, giving you reason to actually get up out of your bed and trek into the city.

Now you can cross off all the places on your gourmet bucket list in one trip to Emporiyum. The annual food market will gather from Nov. 14 to Nov. 15 at Union Market, an indoor marketplace in northeast D.C. near the NoMa metro station. Guests can purchase passes for either Saturday or Sunday, that grant admission to taste tests, food and beverages sales and the option to purchase a commemorative tote bag. The VIP ticket grants 10 a.m. entry for $40, but these tickets have sold sold out. Doors open for those with early general admission tickets ($25) at 11:00 a.m. and 1:30 p.m. for those with the $15 late general admission ticket.

Emporiyum brings together over 75 food vendors and restaurateurs into one marketplace. While many of the restaurants are based in the District, Maryland and Virginia area, this year’s market will also bring international vendors from Denmark and Italy. Large industry players like Bryan Voltaggio and Toki Underground helped bring the event back to D.C. for the second time, and this time, they will bring in in foodies from around the country.

Some highlights include Dolcezza, which held a workshop at last year’s Emporiyum, and the recently established Momofuku Milk Bar on I Street. This year’s workshops will include the Mast Brothers Chocolate, Pie 101 and a Ramen How-To. With over 7,000 attendees last year, this year’s event is only expected to grow and expand beyond D.C. in 2016.  

Date: Nov. 14 and 15

Address: Union Market,  1309 5th St. NE

Metro: Red Line, Noma-Gallaudet U