Concert Preview: Oberhofer and Honduras to bring a glorious combo to U Street Music Hall

Brooklyn indie-pop band Oberhofer will make its way to U Street Music Hall on Oct. 6. The band is currently on its North American tour for the release of its newest album “Chronovision”.

Oberhofer’s frontman Brad Oberhofer gained popularity for his crooning, idiosyncratic voice in the band’s debut album “Time Capsules II,” released in 2012. While notably surf-pop in nature, Oberhofer’s melodies strike a chord deep within the soul. “Away Frm U” and “oOoO” blend a heavy-pop sound reminiscent of Manchester’s WU LYF with the dreamlike quality of The Wallace Collection.

Oberhofer’s newest singles “Sun Halo”, “Memory Remains” and “White Horse, off the album “Chronovision,” were released this past September. The band seems to be gravitating toward an indie-rock feel, reminiscent of Born Ruffians, but with more edge and eccentricity. Appropriately, “Memory Remains” has a distinct nostalgic, summer feel to its twangy and upbeat rhythm.

Oberhofer’s opening act, Honduras, recently released its debut LP “Rituals” this year, which is available on Spotify.

Three years after the release of “Time Capsules II,” which included the hit song "Away frm U," Oberhofer is set to release “Chronovision,” its third LP, on Oct. 9. In “Chronovision”, Oberhofer includes a little less teenage wailing in its latest collection but keeps the child-like, nostalgic aspect of “Time Capsules II.” The catchy, up-beat climax of its best-loved track “oOoO” is bound to get everyone in U Street Music Hall moving next Tuesday. Oberhofer will no doubt deliver a lively show that should not be missed.

Oberhofer will perform at U Street Music Hall on Oct. 6. Tickets are still available.

thescene@theeagelonline.com