Dan Deacon

Concert Preview: Get ready to dance with Dan Deacon at 9:30 Club

The Baltimore based king of experimental electronic will perform.

Famous for psychedelic tunes and dynamic live stage performances, Dan Deacon will bring the same colorful experience to 9:30 Club on April 11.

Deacon’s newest album, “Gliss Riffer,” explores the union of electronic music and innovative vocals, taking listeners on a vibrant musical adventure. Popular tracks “Feel the Lightning” and “Learning to Relax” reflect Deacon’s buoyant energy and infectious imagination. And ultimately, the combination of vocals and instrumentals in the songs gets listeners up and dancing.

Don’t be fooled—Deacon’s music is far from the typical electronic music expected at a club. Instead, his tunes encapsulate an explosion of experimental techno and sonic design that sounds like a trip through a colorful world of auditory hallucinations in the best way.

“Whenever you make electronic music, you’re always listening for new sounds,” Deacon said in an interview for The Daily Progress. “A new texture you’ve never heard before is more exciting than a new rhythm.”

Early in his career, Deacon played at makeshift venues, where he became known for performing in the middle of the dance floor to have a more interactive experience with his audience members. Although he has now moved to playing at large theaters and stages, Deacon still tries to create a responsive and two-way experience for listeners.

Audiences will be pleasantly surprised by Deacon’s ability to conduct a dance party from the stage or crowd, and should expect a night filled with richly layered electronic tracks and dance-worthy melodies.

Dan Deacon will be playing at 9:30 Club on April 11. Tickets are $15, doors open at 10 p.m., all ages welcome.