New Student Activities director to begin this fall

Dominic Greene will join AU this fall as the new director of Student Activities.

Greene comes from Northwestern University where he served as a director for fraternity and sorority life, according to Michael Elmore, senior director of Student Activities.

Elmore served as the temporary director of Student Activities while AU looked for a new director. Elmore will be working closely with Greene this upcoming school year.

The Student Activities director is responsible for fraternity and sorority life, student government, student media and other student organizations, according to the AU website.

“[AU] waited until spring because it was the best time to hire,” Elmore said. “It was a lot of work but it was a burden worth bearing because of Dominic’s qualifications.”

Besides Elmore, Gail Hanson Vice President for the Office of Campus Life also has a word on Greene’s addition to AU. Hanson provides senior executive leadership to over fifteen departments according to the AU website.

“Dominic Greene comes to us from Northwestern University in Evanston, IL – a highly selective university with a student body very similar to AU’s demographically,” Hanson said in an email to the Eagle.

Prior to working as the Director of Fraternity and Sorority Life at Northwestern, Greene also worked for Dartmouth, The University of Washington, South Florida and the Beta Theta Pi Chapter according to Elmore.

“I will be meeting with the staff and students and learn as much possible about American, Student Activities and campus culture,” Greene said. “I want to spend a lot of time listening and collaborating my first year. I am planning to bring excitement, energy and a collaborative approach to my work with students, staff, faculty and alumni at AU.”