Budris records fifth fastest time in program history

Over the weekend, AU travelled to Williamsburg, Va. to compete in the Colonial Relays. The April 5 event was one of the largest meets of the year, attracting over 40 different universities from around the East Coast.

The women’s team, sophomore Kelseagh Budris finished No. 10 in the 800-meter run, recording a personal best time of 2:17.38. That time was also the fifth fastest time in program history.

For the men’s team, senior John Pope posted an Intercollegiate Association of Amateur Athletes of America qualifying time in the 10,000-meter run, finishing fifth with a time of 30:45.44. Senior Matiss Batarags posted an impressive time finishing third in the 1,500-meter race and setting a personal best time of 4:01.09. Sophomore Joshua Ellis also had a top 10 finish, finishing eighth in the 3,000-meter steeplechase with a time of 9:20.48.

Senior Alexandra Tyburski finished No. 11 in the same event, setting a personal best time of 2:17.44.

Senior Krystal Foster had another top 10 finish, finishing eighth in the women’s 10,000-meter run with a time of 38:05.80. The 4×1500-meter relay team had the best finish of the meet, finishing in third. Freshman Corina Velazco, senior Julia Sullivan, Tyburski and Budris combined for an overall time of 19:00.17.

Overall, the men’s team finished No. 36 with five points while Bucknell took the title, finishing first out of over 40 participants with 101.20 points. The women’s team finished No. 30 with eight points and Rutgers took the women’s title with 111 points.

The next meet for AU will be next April 12 as they head north to Lewisburg, Pa. to compete at the Bucknell Bison Outdoor Games.