AU closes for fifth snow day

*Update 4:50 p.m. *
TDR will close at 8 p.m. due to short staffing according to an AU alert sent out at 4:18 p.m.

P.O.D. and Subway at Eagle’s Nest open until 11 pm tonight.

The AU shuttle will also run until 10 p.m. tonight after starting at 2 p.m., according to another AU alert.

Original story
AU will be closed on March 17, according to an AU alert sent out at 5:20 a.m. Monday morning.

The closure will mark the fifth day this semester AU closed due to weather hazards.

The alert follows warnings of a snowstorm, which may give D.C. up to 2 inches of snow per hour on Monday.

Federal offices in the D.C. area are also closed for the day.

The alert stated that while some professors may chose to hold class online, all on-campus courses for both main campus and the Washington College of Law will be suspended for the day.

In addition, AU shuttle busses will not operate and Bender Library, the Anderson Computing Complex (ACC) and Music Library will be closed. Bender Library will also not be open overnight.

However, the Pence Law Library will remain open 24 hours.

Washington College of Law memorial for late professor Andrew Taslitz will be postponed to a later date.

Dining options on campus will be limited. The Terrace Dining Room will open at 7:30 a.m. and Eagles Nest (P.O.D.) will open at 9:00 a.m. with all other dining options closed.

Other dining locations may open later in the day if staffing allows, according to the alert.

Jacobs and Cassell fitness centers will also continue to be open, operating from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m.

The Conference on Lobbying Reform in the U.S. and EU intended to occur today will move locations to the Hilton Garden Inn. The event will be livestreamed for those who cannot make it out to the Hilton.

sgaber@theeagleonline.com