If the crowds at the Capital are too big for you, skip the mall and head to these D.C. restaurants offering specials for Inauguration Day.

Local restaurants offer Inauguration specials

Not loving the idea of waking up early and braving the cold to see Obama? Many restaurants in the AU area will be having specials in honor of Inauguration Day.

Public Tenley

This sports bar, located right past CVS on Wisconsin Ave., will broadcast the inauguration on all of its TVs. They will also have a variety of specials on Monday, which will be finalized right before the inauguration, according to manager Sergio Benitez. They will open at noon and there will most likely by $5 classic burgers all day, Benitez said.

Pete’s Pizza

While this Tenleytown pizzeria will not be having any specials on Monday, they will deliver pizza all day for those students who will be watching the inauguration from the comforts of home. Pete’s Pizza is located at 4940 Wisconsin Ave., according to the restaurant’s website, and a pie will cost about $20.

Kitty O’Sheas

This Irish Sport Pub will be open 24/7 from now until Monday in celebration of Inauguration Day. They will also be serving brunch until 3 p.m. on Monday.

Al Dente

Al Dente (formerly “La Forchetta”) is a relatively new Italian restaurant to the AU area opening last April but has an extensive Inauguration menu.

Located on New Mexico Avenue next to Chef Geoff’s, Al Dente will serve a variety of past presidents’ favorite dishes and cocktails from now to Jan. 21.

Specials will include Gamba d’ Agnello, a lamb shank meal loved by Abraham Lincoln, as well as George’s Truth, a mixture of Myers’s Dark Rum, red wine, cane sugar and muddled cherries based on George Washington’s favorite alcohol, according to their menu.

smurphy@theeagleonline.com