Deandrew Hamlin

Potential Marcum suspect Deandrew Hamlin transported from D.C. to Maryland

Update, Nov. 30:

Deandrew Hamlin has been moved back to Montgomery County, Md., where Montgomery County Police have a warrant with several theft charges, all related to his theft of Sue Marcum’s vehicle.

District Court, according to a Montgomery County Police press release.

He appeared before a District Court Commissioner, and his bond amount was set at $1 million.

Detectives from the Montgomery County Police Major Crimes Division – Homicide/Sex Section are investigating Hamlin to determine his role in Marcum’s death.

Hamlin is charged with the unlawful taking of a motor vehicle, unauthorized removal of property and theft from $1,000 to under $10,000.

Original Story: Detectives will interview Deandrew Hamlin concerning the ongoing Sue Marcum homicide investigation when he is extradited from D.C. to Maryland in the coming days.

Hamlin is a potential suspect in the Montgomery County investigation, for which detectives are pursuing a number of leads, according to Corporal Daniel Friz, a Montgomery County Police spokesperson.

Hamlin has been held in the District since the evening of Oct. 25, when Metropolitan Police Department officers found him driving the vehicle of murdered AU professor, Sue Marcum, The Eagle previously reported.

Hamlin was charged in D.C. of unauthorized use of a stolen vehicle, but this charge was dismissed in a preliminary hearing Nov. 16. He appeared in D.C. Superior Court again Wednesday for his extradition hearing.

Chief Judge Lee Satterfield ordered Hamlin be extradited to Maryland to answer the Montgomery County Police charges of motor vehicle theft, theft of over $1,000 and unauthorized use of a motor vehicle.

Hamlin will be held at the D.C. Jail, or the Department of Correction's Central Detention Facility, until Montgomery County Police pick him up to take him into their custody, according to the court order from Wednesday's hearing.

mfowler@theeagleonline.com